A simple way of getting visitors to your website - (and it's free) ~ WHY SEO MATTERS
Get more visitors and better search engine rankings through search engine optimization

Saturday 5 September 2009

A simple way of getting visitors to your website - (and it's free)

This  method  of  "casting the net" as I call it will only be successful for websites that have at least a minimum of organic traffic - by "organic traffic" I mean  visitors who are finding your site throught search engines and not through paid programms, traffic exchanges, or paid inclusions. The reason for this is simple, the keywords with which visitors find your site on the search engines are the pillars of my strategy.
So now your first question is: how do I know with which keywords people are finding me on search engines? If you do not know this then you should do the following. Sign up with a service which monitors traffic to your webste. I use www.statcounter.com because it is free of charge and supplies me with the information I require to implement my strategy. You sign up with the programm and insert the code it provides you on a page of yoru site.
Now on a daily basis you go to statcounter and by clicking on "Recent Keyword Activity" on the left hand side of the page you will see the traffic that reaches you through search engines and the actual keywords that they used to find you. All you have to do now is put these keywords into the keywords metatag of your site. Additionally you can use these keywords as a hint as to what sort of content you should be including on your site. That's it. try this over a couple fo weeks and tell me your results.

1 comment:

  1. You are really an expert in SEO. Great dude...

    ReplyDelete