Is g00gle human ? - responding to Terry and Tony's comment on my last post on g00gle ~ WHY SEO MATTERS
Get more visitors and better search engine rankings through search engine optimization

Friday 31 July 2009

Is g00gle human ? - responding to Terry and Tony's comment on my last post on g00gle

Yesterday in my post I mentioned how I was afraid of the power of g00gle. Tony and Terry have posted an interesting comment.
"Google has indexed my blog posts has been about 3 hours and I thought that was already impressive. It is a pity that some sites aren't found so easily, but does that not come down to better site SEO being needed for those sites? I know Google is raking in some enemies, but I like them, and hope they continue to be good to me."
.
I think the point I was making was not really a criticism of g00gle, I just wanted to point out that if g00gle can find out within three minutes that I as one of 100 million sites, has been updated, this is more than impressive, it is frightening simply in terms of the sophisticated technology it has at its disposal. Yes, of course it is super efficient and I agree with you that better site SEO provides better g00gle results. Quality content, frequent updating and good seo work are the basic pillars today of getting found on an search engine. I also believe that is just and fair. I just wonder in another 10 years what will be the technological power of G00GlE?
However, when you consider that g00gle's evaluation of websites has to be automated on account of the sheer quantity of sites, will automated assessment of the relevancy, quality and usefulness of information ever compare to human judgement? Or is this automated assessment already accepted as human judgement?

No comments:

Post a Comment