My perception of the strongest search engine - how I see it ~ WHY SEO MATTERS
Get more visitors and better search engine rankings through search engine optimization

Friday 31 July 2009

My perception of the strongest search engine - how I see it


The more I think about the evolution of g00gle in the ten something years of its existence, the more sceptical I get. I actually greet the news that Microsoft and Yahoo are going to team up in search engine technology development and try and take on g00gle. Firstly a monopoly position which g00gle is gradually getting in the market is unhealthy for all of us. The g00gle monster has spread from being a search engine to groups to email to blogs, slowly buying up anything which will refine its position on the market.
What frightened me a couple of days ago and what I discovered by pure coincidence - I wrote a post for one of my blogs and it was indexed by g00gle within four minutes. Think about that - it may be partly coincidental but I am not the most important blog in the world where g00gle is waiting for every precious update that comes from my Greel keyboard and there are over 100 million sites which need indexing - but four minutes - not bad.
This shows me that their currently technological state is so far ahead of anything I have ever seen before on the net. Or how would you explain it?

1 comment:

  1. Hi

    It sounds as if you're upset Google indexes you within 4 minutes - I just see that as impressive, and think Google is doing a good job. Google is good to me via my site and blog - not the one my post links to which is old, but my new one http://www.1pic4twenty.co.za/wordpress (you don't have the URL/name option for those who have their own blogs and are not part of wordpress, blogspot etc). I think the quickest Google has indexed my blog posts has been about 3 hours and I thought that was already impressive. It is a pity that some sites aren't found so easily, but does that not come down to better site SEO being needed for those sites? I know Google is raking in some enemies, but I like them, and hope they continue to be good to me.

    ReplyDelete