Keywords and g00gle - who knows? ~ WHY SEO MATTERS
Get more visitors and better search engine rankings through search engine optimization

Wednesday 29 July 2009

Keywords and g00gle - who knows?

Currently there seems to be a lot of debate amond webmasters about the significance of keyword density, i.e. the ratio of a keyword to the number of times it appear in the text of a page. Of course, those selling software tracking keyword density etc remain obviously convinced that keyword density still matters while others are saying that g00gle could no longer care less about keyword density. Who does one believe?
Good question, I believe. Personally I think that while still being careful with the whole issue, g00gle has adopted more sophisticated means of trying to trick it and that keyword density has today little or nothing to do with your g00gle ranking. Why do I think so? Simply from my own experience with my own websites. I have a blog which ranks number two in g00gle for the keywords I wanted, yet I did not give a hoot about keyword density on any single page of the website. At least this shows me that it is not a life or death issue for search engines and that other factors must play a more important role. Which? This I cannot even hazard a guess at. One thing I am convinced of, though, is the fact that high quality content and constant updating does catch the eye of search engines. How? No idea!

No comments:

Post a Comment