Making search engine mistakes I cannot correct. ~ WHY SEO MATTERS
Get more visitors and better search engine rankings through search engine optimization

Friday 21 August 2009

Making search engine mistakes I cannot correct.

It is incredibly easy when setting up a blog or a website to make mistakes which cannot be corrected at a later date. I should know because I just did it. One underrated but critically important factor is naming your website. It is highly recommendable to think of how a search engine would treat the name before taking a decision. Let me give you a simple example. I opened a blog which is entitled "Moving to Greece". Nothing wrong with that you might think. You are very wrong. WHY?
Simply because in terms of how a search engine views the title, in terms of search engine rankings I am competing with every removal company in the world which offers house removal services to and from Greece. Naturally I only realised this when I came to look at how my blog was doing on g00gle. And I can now do nothing about it. A blog name cannot be changed and any SEO work I do will still has the disadvantage that my blog will compete with the wrong niche. What is to be learned from the story. When chosing a name for a website - THINK CAREFULLY how search engines might interpret the site name.

No comments:

Post a Comment