My inbound links - impatient or just stupid of me ~ WHY SEO MATTERS
Get more visitors and better search engine rankings through search engine optimization

Monday 3 August 2009

My inbound links - impatient or just stupid of me


There is so much good advice around about how to improve your placement on search engines for specific keywords. And I believe that most of this information is useful and well-grounded. My problem is - it does not always work according to the maxims of the SEO textbook. Let me give you an example from my own experience and I await your comments and answers. There is general agreement in the world of search engine optimization that inbound links from quality sites are good for my website. I think few people would disagree with that. So far so good. I decide then to spend some time on placing comments on related forums. In my particular case, I am writing a travel blog so I post an answer to a specific question on a specific travel forum about the country which I am writing about. I even get quite a few reactions and thank you from forum members which would indicate to me that the information I provided was useful to them.
Why, then when I check my inbound links do I have non? The forum I am talking about is a .org site which should even enhance my chances of a good inbound link - but nothing, ziltch?

No comments:

Post a Comment